Dec 1, 2009

"I wish I loved anything as much as my kids love bubbles"


New York is full of entrepreneurs like this guy here, making gigantic bubbles out of two sticks and a string and some dishsoap. We spotted him near Bethesda Fountain in Central Park a couple weeks ago when my friend was visiting. He was making money too. People snapped photos and put money in his bucket. They stood and stared because inside we are all still like the toddlers who squeal and mosh at storytime when the teacher brings out the "goodbye bubbles." (See Tuesday mornings, Inwood Library).

I'm in the middle of, um, five or six projects in various states of completion, and my baby is still recovering from a bout of croup last week that left me running a major sleep deficit. Also Christmas is coming, did you hear? I may only have time for one special handmade gift this year: a knitted elephant that has, I think, 16 pieces. I've so far knit four of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...