Dec 7, 2009

Toddler Tee Dress


It feels wrong to covet your daughter's dress -- especially when your daughter is only 16 months old. But I'm a little jealous of this purple jersey Tee dress I made for Lucy from a pattern at Burdastyle.com, upcycling an old purple jersey skirt that I haven't worn since I was pregnant, and a scrap from a T-shirt that is unsuitably short for me now. (It's unseemly for a mom to rock a belly button-skimming shirt; also, more importantly, it's totes '90s!)

I need to figure out how to adapt the pattern to fit myself. Perhaps after I take the pattern-making program at FIT, which I plan to start in February! Whee! It's the first step in my plan to undertake a total mid-life career change (that's what members of our generation are supposed to do, right?)


But a neckline this loose only looks good on Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. I think I may undo it and insert some elastic, which admittedly will ruin the geometric '80s effect of this design by Arsonista. Still, it's more practical for a tall, skinny toddler who doesn't much like wearing clothes to begin with. I can always take it out when she grows a bit and her shoulders aren't so skinny.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh Sue, so exciting! FIT! I love the idea of a creative career change - so inspiring! and you'll be great. I'll work on getting my sidebar updated... right now I'm on rattle 43....
    (my goodness!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. That was pretty funny.
    MA

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...